List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Ideas
From:       Matt Koss <koss () miesto ! sk>
Date:       1999-11-29 10:32:57

On So, 27 nov 1999, Dirk A. Mueller wrote:

>In addition I've read somewhere a very nice suggestion. It should be
>possible to save an application window's position in a permanent matter,
>i.e. when I re-start it (I'm not talking about the session management), it's
>window always appears at the same position on the desktop.
>
>I know that this is possible via the -geometry option, but hey, that's
>non-intuitive. A more GUI-like configurability would be great (another entry
>in the system menu? a Kcontrol module for it?).

I have already suggested several times to put this geometry saving into
KTMainWindow class, though configurable.
The same goes for toolbar and menubar positions.
Not all apps should use this "save-props" feature, only some of them, especially
some small apps like kscd, caitoo, icq - clients, knotes.

I implemented this in caitoo and few other apps are using it too, e.g. knotes.
Some apps are only keeping the size of window  which is ok e.g. for kmail, or
konqeuror windows.

Maybe we could let the user decide, about this.
Let's say that he wants some konqueror window to appear also on an exact
position on the screen. Something for "save settings for this url" feature.

	Regards

			Matt

--
Matej Koss	e-mail: koss@miesto.sk