List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: What is the "appdata" ressource?
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-11-28 18:42:28

Christian Esken wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can anybody explain the "appdata" resource to me? I did
>
>   QString l_s_bg = locate("appdata", "Skins/k9/knine-normal2.png");
>
> and got back a NULL pointer. But when doing:
>
>   QString l_s_bg = locate("data", "kaiman/Skins/k9/knine-normal2.png");
>
> I got the correct result.
>
> I thought using "appdata" would be a better solution, but why doesn't it work?

Depends on KApplication. It uses name() to add standard dirs. So
KApplication::name()
has to return "kaiman" in your above example to do the same. It may be
(but I have
no idea how :) that it returns lt-kaiman when you run it out of the
builddir, but
I think we worked around that. Please debug :)

Greetings, Stephan

--
When your memory goes, forget it!