List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KMix major changes: Your help is needed
From:       Christian Esken <c.esken () cityweb ! de>
Date:       1999-11-16 21:46:09

Billy Biggs wrote:
>   The point is: if something is docked in the panel, it should be there to
> stay for a long period of time.  It shouldn't disappear if I accidentally
> close the app.  The feature of having the panel never consistently hold
> any applications has kept me from using it.

Matter of taste. I hate all these Windows docks, which never disappear.

>   Fixed-size apps are usually a real pain.  kmix is no exception.

If Qt would have working layouts AND supported removing items from
layouts when I wrote KMix, kmix would have been non-fixed size.

  Christian

--
Is Unix ready for the desktop? See http://www.kde.org

The                              Christian Esken
|/  Desktop                      KDE Developer
|\  Environment                  esken@kde.org

KDE - The net transparent free Unix Desktop for everyone