List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: kwmmapp.h
From:       Matthias Ettrich <ettrich () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-11-15 16:39:06

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, David Faure wrote:
> > Very bad timing from my side, I admit. I was under the wrong assumption
> that
> > only window manager modules used kwmmoduleapp (as the name indicates).
> Well the name is wrong then.
> Stuff like kdesktop made an extensive use of it and removing kwmmoduleapp
> without any hint about how to port to the new stuff wasn't really nice.
>
> BTW, many many thanks to Cristian for porting kdesktop !

Indeed. If he hadn't done it I would have done it today.

> > I marked kwmmoduleapp obsolete weeks ago
> Didn't see that (no #warning) and wouldn't have helped anyway, without
> the new class nor any KDE2PORTING instructions.

> > the successor KWinModule has been announced several times as was the
> planned removal of
> > KWMModuleApplication. Many applications have been ported already, I wasn't
> aware some weren't.
> Told you on kde-cvs.

Nobody reads all the mail on kde-cvs ;)

[snip]

> Well we don't have the choice, have we ?

I'd say the choice is easy. KWinModule is really so much easier to use. And
porting from KWMModuleApplication is very very very simple. It's basically the
same API (except for QValueList instead of a broken QList) and provides the same
signals.

Matthias