List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KMix major changes: Your help is needed
From:       Christian Esken <esken () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-11-14 0:49:51

Hello there,

KMix compiles on Linux OSS, Linux ALSA, FreeBSD, NetBSD, BSDI,
Sun, IRIX, UnixWare and HPUX.

When adding this stuff, the KMix source code got a bit clumsy, though.
One wasn't able to see the code anymore, because there were more
#ifdef statements than regular code. ;-)

Now your help is needed: Everything is in it's proper places, but testing
is needed. I cannot even tell if KMix still compiles on all platforms. I
did my best not to break stuff, but I cannot guarantee anything.
Overall I do expect only minor hickups, like forgotten braces or missing
function declarations.

If you have any of the above noted platforms (apart from Linux OSS),
please take a little time and test KMix.
KMix looks so much cooler thanks to the styles and because of using the
LED indicators, so testing is perhaps some fun, too.

Thanks in advance,
   Christian

--
Is Unix ready for the desktop? See http://www.kde.org

The                              Christian Esken
|/  Desktop                      KDE Developer
|\  Environment                  esken@kde.org

KDE - The net transparent free Unix Desktop for everyone