List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    kdenonbeta
From:       Antonio Larrosa <antlarr () arrakis ! es>
Date:       1999-11-10 23:05:27

Hi,

I've checked out the kdenonbeta module, and it seems to me that it
could be reorganized. This is my proposal:
1) Delete the following directories:
karchie
kblackbox
kdesu
kirc
kfinger
kioslave
klilo
klpq
kmoon
konsole
kpackage
kpanel2
kpm
ktalkd
ktalkdlg
kthememgr
ktop
kview
kwrite
pws-0.6

They're empty anyway, ther's only a directory structure there.
(I'm thinking that I didn't checked kdenonbeta out with -dPA,
maybe this caused cvs to recreate deleted directories for me? )

2) Move empath and kticker to kdenetwork. as far as they work
with HEAD (empath works, but what about kticker ? )
Anyway, the rest of KDE is not stable anymore, so there's not
much point in having kdenonbeta so cluttered (imho, it only makes
sense right now for the experimental things, like the new kparts)

3) I can't see any bug in the artwork directory, so it shouldn't
be on kdenonbeta :-)
I think the best would be to move artwork to a separate module.
Opinions ?

4) What's the difference between kdesu and kdepass ? I suppose
that only one should survive (and kdesu is already on kdebase).
But I haven't tested any of them, so I won't have an opinion here.

5) If the kcontrol modules (kcmail, kcmbind, kcmdhcpd, kcmkpanel2)
need to be converted to the new kcontrol2 modules, they could be
ported and moved to kdebase in the same step. Matthias (H.K.) ?

6) Last time I saw gofai-wmt it was quite cool and worked quite
well (comparing it with the rest of KDE :-) ) so , imho, it should
be moved to another place (kdeutils?). Lotzi ?

I'll have a look at all this this afternoon, and reorganize things
if noone has done it by then. Please give your ideas now.

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez
Student of Mathematics