List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: The filedialog, please read
From:       Christian Esken <esken () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-11-05 19:05:29

> > And then there are of course missing features like
> > - DragīnīDrop
> > - In-place renaming
> > - Removing files (or is this implemented, Iīm not sure)

What should this be good for. This is a file selector, no file manager.
Please admit it: What you want is a file manager as file selector.
This idea has potential, but we have to go it FULL way or not at all.

I hate this windows way of adding SLOWLY more and more features
to the file selector (delete, rename, today the context menu).

What we need is a clear direction: ALL file manger features or a
specialized file selector.

If we want the "specialized" thing, we have KFileSelector (or a much
modified QFileSelector derivation)

If we want the file manager way, then we place a special konqy
file view in the file manager. This would be cool and consistent.

But just faking a file manager by adding file manager features in a
file selector is a stupid thing.

  Christian

--
Is Unix ready for the desktop? See http://www.kde.org

The                              Christian Esken
|/  Desktop                      KDE Developer
|\  Environment                  esken@kde.org

KDE - The net transparent free Unix Desktop for everyon