List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: The filedialog, please read
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-11-04 18:05:53

pbrown@redhat.com wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, David Faure wrote:
>
> > - configuration dialogs are good, yes, even for a file dialog
>
> OK this is crap in my opinion. :)  You should set single/double click in
> one unified location, but not in the dialog itself.

Rubbish - you should be able to configure things from the place where
they are used. The dialog can set things globaly, and does. I have also
hacked a kcontrol module that uses the same dialog (by link kfile).

> Again, we need to think in terms of the user's view, not the
> implementation view...

I agree, but I come to the opposite conclusion about how it should be
done.

Rich.

--
     Richard Moore		rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk