List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: The filedialog, please read
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-11-04 15:46:51

On Thu, 04 Nov 1999, David Faure wrote:

>> >Those are just bugs.
>>
>> When we are at bugs in KFileDialog, here is what I noticed:
>> - Initial size is always too big
>> - There are _ugly_ hacks done to QListBox and QListView so
>> that focushandling
>>   is totally broken (like moving cursor with the mouse
>> (press+move) doesnīt
>>   work)
>> - If I press Arrow->left in the URL combobox, the focus jumps
>> to another
>>   widget (very strange...)
>> - Doubleclick/Singleclick doesnīt work, doesnīt matter what I
>> configure. Most
>>   of the time a mixture is used
>> - In the view where QListView is used (detail view) not even
>> double click works
>> - The view which uses this iconview like thingy (derived from
>> QTableView) has
>>   also wrong focushandling (no focusrect at all IIRC)
>
>This is nonsense. You are talking about the one in HEAD, which
>as anything else in HEAD isn't supposed to be bug free. This is
>alpha software.

Why is it nonsense? I just counted the bugs which I found in KFileDialog in
HEAD (as this is the one we a discussing about). I didnīt offend anybody.

>I know for sure that KFileDialog as of KDE-1.x has none of those bugs.
>Singleclick/doubleclick for instance, works fine.
>The keybindings bugs are only in HEAD as well.

And we are talking about HEAD.

>Let's not talk about bugs of the HEAD version.

Why not, itīs all about HEAD :-))

>I tried the current KWord yesterday, with my wife. Do you want a list
>of bugs ? ;-)

Yes, I donīt feel personally offended if somebody tells me bugs of software I
have written.

--
Reggie