List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: The filedialog, please read
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-11-04 14:07:29

On Thu, 04 Nov 1999, David Faure wrote:
>Some issues that you forget here are, for instance : the high level
>of customization allowed by KFileDialog.
>Single-click/double-click comes to my mind. This is configurable
>for kdesktop and konqueror, as well as in KFileDialog. Is it
>possible to set single-click in QFileDialog ?

No, but IŽll make the same doubleclick/singleclick configuration for QListBox
and QListView as I did for QIconView and then it is possible. And FYI currently
single/doublecklick is broken in KFileDialog too (at least it never behaves
like I configure it :-)

>> g) I dont like the API very mich
>Isn't it QFileDialog-compatible ??

I donŽt think so.

>> h) The code looks wired to me. Perhaps I am just a little stupid unable
>>    to understand this code, but fixing stuff in there seems to be
>>    np complete to me :-)
>> i) We waste about >250k with this library!!!
>> -rwxr-xr-x   1 weis     users      284524 Nov  4 15:47
>> libkfile.so.3.0.0
>Wouldn't that be because it has features that the Qt one doesn't have ?? :)
>I don't know all features of both. But does the Qt one has autopreview,
>directory mode, ..... ok probably.

It has.

>For me, the ideal solution would be the best of both worls :
>a file dialog inheriting QFileDialog but keeping the look and feel of
>the current one, and the features it has that QFileDialog doesn't have.
>This way it gets all new features and fixes QFileDialog has or will have,
>but still keeps the unique look and feel of KFileDialog.
>
>But that's some work...

Yes. So if we want to make a KFileDialog derived from QFileDialog, tell me.
Then I will spend a day or two on QFileDialog to make the UI customizeable and
make a public API for multiple views (as these seems to be the main points
for people not liking QFileDIalog :-)

--
Reggie