List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KRASH release: kdelibs feature frozen
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-11-01 16:53:13

Geert Jansen wrote:

> Waldo Bastian wrote:
>
> > * kdelibs is feature frozen as of today. This means that no new
> > features should be added. Changes which affect the API of any of the
> > libs in kdelibs should be discussed on kde-core-devel first.
>
> Hi!
>
> I would like to add a class "KRootPixmap" to kdeui. It is a very simple
> class, maybe not even 100 LOC. It lets you make use of the pseudo
> transparency we have now.

Hihi!

Well, these freezes mean within KDE, that you can still do your stuff,
but
that if it breaks, noone will say "update cvs, it's fixed the other
day",
but "Geert broke it, blame him". So what do I want to say? Don't add it
if you expect it to break anything. These days are gone now - hopefully.

And KRASH is not KDE2 - in no respect. So if you want to make a bigger
change, think of a POST_KRASH_DEVELOPMENT branch.

Greetings, Stephan

--
As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics,
Microsoft have nothing to worry about.