List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KApplication -> KInstance
From:       Simon Hausmann <shaus () uermel ! Med ! Uni-Magdeburg ! DE>
Date:       1999-10-30 13:25:06

On Sat, 30 Oct 1999, David Faure wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 30, 1999 at 02:56:45PM +0200, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Are there any objections against moving
> >
> > 	KApplication::caption()
> > 	KApplication::makeStdCaption()
> >         KApplication::icon()
> > 	KApplication::miniIcon()
> >
> >         and the command line parsing code in KApplication
> >
> > to KInstance?
>
> How can you have command line arguments in a KInstance if it's not the
> kapp ones ?

IMHO we should provide the args via the KInstance constructor and should
also add support for "pseudo commandline arguments" in KLibLoader.

> About caption and icons, I don't know. You want to have the instance-specific
> ones when activating a part in koffice ? Like my kword window suddenly gets
> a kspread icon and title ? Why not, but might be confusing...
> Or is it for something else ?

The simplest point is: I'd like to be able to set the caption in
Konqueror.

However I cannot do this by calling KApplication::makeStdCaption.
(this works only in standalone mode)

If we hack support for part/view-specific captions into
Canoosa^T^T^T^T^T^TKParts, then it might be good to also change the icon,
when the active view changes, because having a caption like "KSpread -
Blah" but still seeing the KWord icon looks even more confusing IMHO :)

Ciao,
 Simon