List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Motif DND ready for integration.
From:       Matt Koss <koss () post ! sk>
Date:       1999-10-27 10:58:34

After heavy debugging I have finally fixed a very stupid bug in Motif DND code
for Qt.

I am sure that it needs a lot of checking from Qt gurus, however, it works fine
and it is well integrated into the Qt DND code.
I can of course cooperate with any Troll that wants to put it into CVS, and
I can finish / rewrite some parts when desired.

From programers perspective nothing has changed = simply use Qt DND classes as
before ( call setAcceptDrops() for widgets that should receive drops ).

So far only drops work.
Although it's not so hard, for now I don't have a time and a good will to
create code for dragging onto Motif apps.
However, I guess that for most purposes, the dropping is enough ( e.g.
dragging URL's from Netscape).

The code that I written is divided into three parts.

qapplication_x11.cpp :
     I have added a call to qt_handle_motifdnd() for handling Motif DND events

qdnd_x11.cpp :
     cca 10 lines of code for :
       a) distinguishing between xdnd and Motif DND in QDropEvent::encodedData
       b) call to qt_motifdnd_enable(QWidget) for enabling Motif DND on widgets

qdnd_motif.cpp :
     new file that contains all Motif DND code.

kernel/Makefile.in :
      new file added :-)

Changes were mergeed with a Qt version that we are using now for latest KDE
development ( I guess from 9th of October ? )
If somebody can sand me these files, I would prepare a patch.

Now I would be happy to hear from the Trolls about integration of this code.

         Regards

		Matt

--
Matej Koss	e-mail: koss@post.sk