After heavy debugging I have finally fixed a very stupid bug in Motif DND code for Qt. I am sure that it needs a lot of checking from Qt gurus, however, it works fine and it is well integrated into the Qt DND code. I can of course cooperate with any Troll that wants to put it into CVS, and I can finish / rewrite some parts when desired. From programers perspective nothing has changed = simply use Qt DND classes as before ( call setAcceptDrops() for widgets that should receive drops ). So far only drops work. Although it's not so hard, for now I don't have a time and a good will to create code for dragging onto Motif apps. However, I guess that for most purposes, the dropping is enough ( e.g. dragging URL's from Netscape). The code that I written is divided into three parts. qapplication_x11.cpp : I have added a call to qt_handle_motifdnd() for handling Motif DND events qdnd_x11.cpp : cca 10 lines of code for : a) distinguishing between xdnd and Motif DND in QDropEvent::encodedData b) call to qt_motifdnd_enable(QWidget) for enabling Motif DND on widgets qdnd_motif.cpp : new file that contains all Motif DND code. kernel/Makefile.in : new file added :-) Changes were mergeed with a Qt version that we are using now for latest KDE development ( I guess from 9th of October ? ) If somebody can sand me these files, I would prepare a patch. Now I would be happy to hear from the Trolls about integration of this code. Regards Matt -- Matej Koss e-mail: koss@post.sk Kosice ICQ# : 19344305 Slovakia