List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    sycoca
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       1999-10-21 4:10:42

Hi David

You asked me on IRC to stop talking so much and do something useful :-)

Yes, I tested sycoca and yes, it works well with konqueror, kdesktop,
kicker. While kdesktop is visibly/blazingly faster than this morning,
while kpanel and kicker menus are simply flying, with very few hdd
grinding, when opening them, konqueror still drags his leg.

The problem isn't with sycoca, still (which is here too extremely fast)
but it seems that konqy parses twice the opening dir (or maybe the
bookmarks?) and issues a whole lot of kstddir (can't find ... ) errors
(it's true I have very numerous bookmarks).

Sycoca just works, right now, and seems stable, exactly how the KDE mentor
lines are saying :-)

Thanks both of you (David and Waldo) for a nice new technology.

P.S. Am I allowed to delete the kregistry file for a last time? :-)

Cristian Tibirna