List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Recent document menu and KFileDialog
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-10-20 8:49:32

Mosfet wrote:

> I like it too. Thinking about it a little using the default mimetype
> handler isn't good enough tho. If a text file is opened in kwrite it
> should be launched in kwrite - not kedit, etc... I think I'll use a
> special key specifically to state the name of the opening app that
> kicker will parse. Other apps (such as Konqi) will just use the
> associated mimetype application as default.

I think, you have to use the default mimetype handler. The appname
isn't good enough - the .desktop file of an application serves more
than just the appname. Even worse - think about kparts, it would
get really messy... ;)

Greetings, Stephan

--
As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics,
Microsoft have nothing to worry about.