List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Recent document menu and KFileDialog
From:       Mosfet <mosfet () jorsm ! com>
Date:       1999-10-19 22:57:35

I like it too. Thinking about it a little using the default mimetype
handler isn't good enough tho. If a text file is opened in kwrite it
should be launched in kwrite - not kedit, etc... I think I'll use a
special key specifically to state the name of the opening app that
kicker will parse. Other apps (such as Konqi) will just use the
associated mimetype application as default.

I want to use .desktop files and not just store the URLs in a KConfig
file because I think it's important to be able to use the recent folder
in the file manager, for example dragging the folder to the desktop for
non-kicker users.

mosfet@mandrakesoft.com
mosfet@kde.org
mosfet@jorsm.com