List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Proposal: package split
From:       Harri Porten <porten () tu-harburg ! de>
Date:       1999-10-03 23:33:04

Kurt Granroth wrote:

> Harri Porten wrote:
> > Please remember that duplicated apps were only one of my arguments. A
> > much stronger one IMO is the question why a KDE 1.1.1 user has to fetch
> > a 3 MB kdenetwork package if he just wants to upgrade to kbiff from
> > 1.1.2.
>
> <nit-pick>
> KBiff is a bad example to use, here, as I always make sure that the
> stand-alone version from my web-site is up to date.  In fact, because
> of the many months long 'freezes', the version on my website is always
> MORE advanced the the version in kdenetwork.
> </nit-pick>

Then I'm happy with choosing kbiff as an example. Why do you have to go
trough the pain of maintaining and publishing two different versions ?
Because kdenetwork is "moving" so god dam slowly. If the next major KDE
release would simply include your latest stand-alone version your life
would be easier. I do the same with kppp btw.

Harri.