List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Proposal: package split
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-10-03 22:23:00

Harri Porten wrote:
> Please remember that duplicated apps were only one of my arguments. A
> much stronger one IMO is the question why a KDE 1.1.1 user has to fetch
> a 3 MB kdenetwork package if he just wants to upgrade to kbiff from
> 1.1.2.

<nit-pick>
KBiff is a bad example to use, here, as I always make sure that the
stand-alone version from my web-site is up to date.  In fact, because
of the many months long 'freezes', the version on my website is always
MORE advanced the the version in kdenetwork.
</nit-pick>
--
Kurt Granroth            | granroth@kde.org
KDE Developer/Evangelist | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth