List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: The embedding thing ....
From:       weis <weis () stud ! uni-frankfurt ! de>
Date:       1999-10-03 14:58:03

Hi,

On Sat, 2 Oct 1999, Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:

> >> ;-)) The last experience what made with that in the summer was not that funny,
> >> you are right.
> >
> >:-) But I am regenerated now: KPresenter runs on the Canossa Framework.
> >Still only few menuitems/toolbars, but that is just work. nothing
> >difficult.
>
> Wow! You are fast :-))

> >> Sounds good :-)
> >>
> >> BTW: Something offtopic: Since yesterday I own a dual PIII 500MHz. Now when I
> >> want to compile kde with e.g. make -j 3 there arenīt three compilers started.
> >> Has anybody an idea whatīs wrong? With Qt it works (using Arntīs strange make
> >> command :-)
> >
> >export MAKE=make -j 3
> >configure
> >make
> >
> >I have a PIII500 single now, since my double PII400 was too slow for
> >watching DVDs ...
>
> A single PIII500 is faster than 2 PII400 - really?

For games the double does not help on Win98 and I am
too lazy to do the make -j3 thing all the time. In addition
a PII400 in a double board is not as fast as a PII400 in a single
board. You always loose performance.

So at the end a PIII500 single is the ideal solution for
lazy people like me who do not like compiling SMP kernels
and stuff.

Bye
Torben