List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: A new framework for embedding ... without CORBA
From:       Graham TerMarsch <gtermars () home ! com>
Date:       1999-10-03 9:36:22

Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
[.....snip.....]
> > > You might want to try something like:
> > >
> > > nntp://user:pass@host:port/news/path/msg?action=something&other=action
> > >
> > > Some *possible* examples
> > [.....snip.....]
> > >
> > > Formatting the URLs like this makes parsing quite easy and one can
> > > contain a LOT of information in the x=x pairs (all started with ? and
> > > seperated by &)
> >
> > You rock.  I'd known that this sort of stuff was "possible", but wasn't sure
> > if it'd be acceptable to put any of it in there.  Perhaps I'll run along here
> > and build something up that I can let others have a gander at and we'll see
> > how it comes together from there.
>
> I do not mind taking a look at once you have something.  I have a question
> though.  Are you going to support both USENET url formats as specified by
> RFC 1738, "nntp" and "news" ?

I might as well; if I'm going to end up doing something here then it might as
well support them both as I could picture ending up using either one.  For the
most part, though, my first glance through the RFCs left me with the
impression that 'nntp' and 'news' were primarily synonymous with each other;
do correct me if there was something more obvious that I missed.  I'll check
again, but at this point don't forsee big issues in supporting both.

--
Graham TerMarsch

// What color is a chameleon on a mirror?