List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: The embedding thing ....
From:       John Corey <jcorey () fruity ! ath ! cx>
Date:       1999-10-01 18:17:11

Kurt Granroth wrote:

> Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:
> > BTW: Something offtopic: Since yesterday I own a dual PIII 500MHz. Now when I
> > want to compile kde with e.g. make -j 3 there arenīt three compilers started.
> > Has anybody an idea whatīs wrong? With Qt it works (using Arntīs strange make
> > command :-)
>
> What command are you using?  When I do a 'MAKE="make -j 2" make -j 2'
> with my dual 550s, it works just fine.
>
> Actually, "fine" != "perfectly".  The IDL files are often not made
> correctly the first time around...

I don't think the second set of -j2 is necessary.  It works with just
make after you've set the MAKE variable.

With the IDL files, sometimes it works to move the resulting .h
reference in the Makefile.am to the front of the _SOURCES list.  It
worked with just -j2 and kdelibs.  But when I got to kdebase, that
wasn't good enough and it would still break the compile.  I haven't
committed it, as I'm not sure it really fixes it properly, and I want to
figure out kdebase first.