List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: More thoughts about embedding (fwd)
From:       weis <weis () stud ! uni-frankfurt ! de>
Date:       1999-09-30 15:32:15

Hi,

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Simon Hausmann wrote:

> ..stupid f***** reply-to :-(

..... in XML you just say: Insert the action named XZY here.
Wether this action is a menu item, a complete subment, a
list of menu items, a QToolButton or some other widget is
NOt described in XML. That is up to the QAction or some derived class.

> I really see good points in that mixed XML-CORBA solution :
> you can add a lot of new GUI stuff in the XML format, so you
> don't create IDL bloat for that, but you are still able to
> communicate via CORBA to other languages/processes/machines,
> to send the XML and to implement actions when menu items are pressed,
> when you need to redraw yourself, etc...

Wrong assumptions. The XML is just used to arrange the actions.
But with CORBA you have no or slow access to the actions, so it does
not work.

Bye
Torben