List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: More thoughts about embedding
From:       Lotzi Boloni <boloni () cs ! purdue ! edu>
Date:       1999-09-30 14:08:47

> > My biggest concern here is not only stableness, but also
> > speed. In konqy you will not have more than a view embedded
> > parts, but in a koffice doc I can imagine 50 embedded parts.
>
> Yes and no.
> konqueror, even at startup, already uses embedding. It uses it
> for ANY view you can see in it. In koffice, the native view isn't embedded.
> Sure, in a document you can go up to 50 embedded parts if you
> want, but AFAIK, even under Windows nobody does it. But
> let's not argue on numbers it's pointless.

  Well, as every formula and picture is an embedded object in Word and
PowerPoint, basically any book or longer presentation would have as much.
Any engineering university thesis has hundreds. (And they are almost
impossible to manage in Word).

  And as KWord has desktop publishing features, most newsletters,
magazines etc have 50 thingy's which will be embedded parts.

           Lotzi