List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    back to corba (was RE: Transparency -- take 2)
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () CRAMER ! CO ! UK>
Date:       1999-09-29 14:07:25

Yes I see :)

I see that what we need is the best of both worlds :
keeping CORBA interfaces for allowing third-party implementations
but using shared libs for koffice, for performance and stability reasons.

I can see two ways of doing this :
1) using the shared-lib functionality of Corba (hi Matthias !),
2) doing our own shared-lib stuff AND keeping IDL interfaces

What IS bad is servers, we all agree on that (hopefully).
So what need is shared libs. One way or the other among the two above, I
think.

--
David Faure
faure@kde.org - KDE developer