List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: A new framework for embedding ... without CORBA
From:       Matthias Elter <me () main-echo ! net>
Date:       1999-09-29 8:46:28

On Mit, 29 Sep 1999, Simon Hausmann wrote:
(...)
> > You can reimplement the current OpenParts in GTK for example. Can you do this
> > with canossa-OpenParts?
>
> You can't, that's true.
>
> BUT:
>
> After 1 year after Torben finalized the OpenParts interface I did not see
> *a single* proposal to reimplement it for GTK, so I hardly doubt that this
> is realistic (IMHO)

I'm not talking about KDE 2.0 and GNOME 2.0 sharing a common object model and
a common model for embedding _but_ think about KDE 3.0 or even 4.0.

Keep in mind that:

- we will have to agree on common standards somewhen
- not all GNOME developers are as anti-KDE as Miguel seems to be
- it's not only about GNOME, other projects might adobt our open standard

Greetings, Matthias

--
Matthias Elter
me@kde.org / me@main-echo.net