List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    New widgets (kdeui)
From:       Espen Sand <espensa () online ! no>
Date:       1999-09-26 10:00:36

As a part of the DialogBase class update, there are a few issues:

1. Should we rename DialogBase to KDialogBase? If yes, then I will not remove
the old DialogBase yet, but rather add the new class and update the code that
use DialogBase and then remove DialogBase later.

2. I need to have access to KDialog::marginHint()  and KDialog::spacingHint()
from code that is not derived from KDialog. For now I will make the
KDialog::marginHint()  and KDialog::spacingHint() static just so I
have something that works, but this should perhaps be changed later. I
will use the the methods in the KJanusWidget (see below).

(I don't like to use KDialog::spacingHint() for code that has nothing to
do with a dialog, but that is perhaps just me ;)

3. I will add new widget, KJanusWidget, which is able to display its
childwidgets in a number of formats (faces). At the moment it can display
TreeList, Tabbed, Plain and Swallow modes. It is used by he extended DialogBase
to provide a very simple interfaces to expcially the TreeList mode. Using the
extended DialogBase the user specify "TreeList" in the constructor to get a
TreeList/Paged view (as in khexedit). The Swallow mode enables the DialogBase
to manage a general widget. This allows a (complex) widget to be swallowed by
DialogBase without modifying the widget (hopefully ;)

--
Espen Sand