List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: the MICO/CORBA issue.
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-09-18 9:59:53

Another thought : there are two issues here.

Whether we use CORBA's shlib facility or not - currently in discussion
Whether we write a new IDL compiler that would generate QTL instead
of CORBA containers.
We can do the latter even if we decide to use shlib, and even if we decide
not to. It's independent and will be a win anyway (not only in terms of
speed and memory, but also in terms of simplicity for programmers, as was pointed
out earlier).

So : while I'm still unsure about shlibs, I'm sure that using QTL everywhere is
the right thing to do. Let's do it now and wait for a decision on the shlib issue...

(I don't think we can discuss it much further without the input from the two original
proposers for those solutions - Matthias and Torben)

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org