List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: the MICO/CORBA issue.
From:       Matthias Elter <me () main-echo ! net>
Date:       1999-09-17 17:43:32

Am Fre, 17 Sep 1999 schrieb Simon Hausmann:
> Hmmmm, the shown arguments *against* the shlib approach which impressed me
> most and which make me think that we should re-think it are the
> KApplication and the i18n issue. This are *very* strong arguments IMHO.

Both can be solved IMO.

1) i18n "modules" can be inserted on component load.
KGlobal::locale()->insertCatalogue("libkword");

2) A component is not a application and should not depend on a component
specific KApplication instance. It can use the main apps KApplication
instance to get general info like Kapplication::desktop() but not to hold its
configuration (for example). We need a KComponent class in addition to
KApplication.

Greetings, Matthias

--
Matthias Elter