List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Widget theme/style stuff
From:       Mosfet <mosfet () jorsm ! com>
Date:       1999-09-17 15:38:58

I just commited the capability to use pixmapped borders and some bugfixes to
style code in CVS. KThemeStyle can also automatically separate one pixmap into
the corner and edge components with just the pixmap and corner widths. It
doesn't handle alpha masks yet (I started this but it's not complete), so if
you play with it make sure not to use one. If you do it will simply tile the
background pixmap over the mask.

There are now 2 system themes, system and systemtest. System you already know,
systemtest is for testing new features. Some stuff is not very pretty, it's
just so I can check things out. As I noted before, I rewrote a lot of things
this week so you should consider both alpha at this point until I can bugfix
more.

You can see systemtest at:
http://www2.jorsm.com/~mosfet/testshot.gif

New things this week include:
* The new config format designed to be easier to read.
* Pixmapped borders.
* The capability to assign properties from one widget to another.
* 12 more widgets now can have complete configuration for sunken/unsunken
states. This used to be calculated automatically (it still is but this can be
overridden).
* Several widgets such as QPopupMenu have improved drawing code.

You still cannot use kcmdisplay for dynamic theme changing. I fixed some bugs
with my new code but a few remain. Use settheme until that is fixed. This
should not affect normal operation.

I will update my website ASAP with new API documentation.

mosfet@mandrakesoft.com
mosfet@kde.org
mosfet@jorsm.com