List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kmix and KDE version numbers
From:       Christian Esken <c.esken () cityweb ! de>
Date:       1999-09-13 20:03:46

On Son, 05 Sep 1999, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> I changed kmix.cpp and docking.cpp on my hdd to check for
> KDE_VERSION_MINOR >=4 :-)
>
> I think this is an acceptable temporary solution as long as KDE isn't yet
> tagged 2.

Sure it is an acceptable solution.

Sorry, it was probably a dumb idea to check this in and then go away a
week for holidays.

> Yet, I don't see why kmix in the HEAD branch has to take care of kde-1.
> Yes, I acknowledge it's a pain in the **s to keep in sync two different
> code bases, but as it is now, the KDE-1 branch gets absolutely nothing
> from Christian's care for checking, since the code isn't accessible from
> the KDE-1 branch.

Not the KDE-1 branch, but I am in the process of creating a kmix
update package for the KDE1.x branch.

  Christian

--
Is Unix ready for the desktop? See http://www.kde.org

The                              Christian Esken
|/  Desktop                      KDE Developer
|\  Environment                  esken@kde.org

KDE - The net transparent free Unix Desktop for everyon