List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE_1_1_BRANCH: kdebase/pics/wallpapers
From:       Robert Williams <rwilliams () jrc-utah ! com>
Date:       1999-09-06 1:48:22

Kurt Granroth wrote:

> Robert Williams wrote:
> > Yes RPM will remove all binaries not in the updated RPM.  This could cause
> > problems...  on a rpm -Uvh of course
>
> Hmm... I did not know this (don't use RPMs, myself)
>
> > I would put it all back in.  Someone that liked one wallpaper could be upset
> > if it is removed by updated to 1.2.
>
> Torsten has the right idea to nuke a lot of the old ones.. there was just
> too many that didn't look all that great but took up lots of space.  Maybe
> we should include those in a separate package (kde-wallpapers)?

I also agree to make the packages smaller.  If there is a way to get the
wallpapers I think we will be in good shape.

Doing and rpm -Uvh will first remove the entire package then install the new
package.  A quicker way than doing  a rpm -e then rpm -i.

--
Robert Williams              rwilliams@jrc-utah.com
Jarob Consulting             rwilliams@kde.org