List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: mini xpms converted to png ?
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-09-05 15:54:03

On Sun, Sep 05, 1999 at 05:54:57PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> PNG makes much more sense for anything that has more than 30 colours!
> The size reduces easily to 25%. Sure it breaks things and sure apps
> print debug output. But there is no way around fixing them :)
This means s/xpm/png in all .kdelnk or .desktop files ?
Who talked about backwards compatibility ? Ok, that was for another
branch, but fixing one's bookmarks isn't fun...
I know how to use sed or perl, but will the dummy user know ?
BTW, why does it work anyway ? The correct icon appear. The icon
loader looks for both extensions ?

--
David FAURE
david.faure@cramer.co.uk, david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org