List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KTabListBox
From:       Bernd Gehrmann <bernd () physik ! hu-berlin ! de>
Date:       1999-09-01 15:59:52

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Richard Moore wrote:

> > How can it be extended?
>
> You can either add child widgets above or below the main view (eg to add a
> file info display or something)

How can I do that? Sorry, but if it's possible, it's badly documented.

> or you can 'swallow' the entire layout by
> reimplementing the swallower() method.

I really want to see how you do that. As far as I can see, swallower()
is only used in the constructor, where it always equals 'this'. How
would that method have any influence on the layout elsewhere?

> The latter allows you to add new
> widgets around the outside of the dialog (eg. a preview window). Another
> option is to use the views in libkfile directly. You also have the option
> of extending KDir to navigate new kinds of filesystem (even ones you made
> up).

And how can I tell KFileDialog about my KDir? And how would that work,
since KDir has practically no virtual methods?

Fine if KFileDialog has that many features. But if they are not
documented, they are useless.

Bernd.