List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KPanel in HEAD crash
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       1999-08-30 23:11:25

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Steffen Hansen wrote:

> KPanel crashes periodically for me. It looks like a problem with the
> themed pushbuttons for switching desktops. Strangely, other apps dont seem
> to have the same problem.

No, I believe it's the new KWinModule code, not the themed buttons. I
think I know why you believe so, though: craches occur after you leave the
computer unattended for a fairly long time and then, when you come back to
it you change the desktop in some way (if your way is to use the kpanel
buttons, then that's why you think it's the buttons). I for one change the
desktops by clicking on the app's taskbar button (and if the app is on
another desktop ...).

A reason in favor of my supposition is that kicker crashes too, in the
exactly same conditions.

I try to track down the problem for the 4th day already, to no avail

Cristian