List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KTabListBox
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-08-30 19:57:32

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote:
>"Dirk A. Mueller" wrote:
>>
>> Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie@troll.no> wrote:
>>
>> > clicking on the header and no indices are needed and it is done using
>> > pointers and it even works and it has even more features :-))))
>>
>> Well, let's ask another question.
>>
>> What features has KFileDialog which QFileDialog hasn't ?
>>
>It can seperate dirs and files, use libkio to query ftp servers
>(or gopher servers for that meaning :), does have a preview mode,
>is quite flexible (look at ark for an example). Follows KDE's look
>and feel (and not window's).

Ok, not totally true:

QFileDialog is now async, network transparent and URL based, and it's possible
to add dynamically network protocol implementations (I only tested with ftp but
you can add every protocol). And QFileDialog has preview modes. I don't know
what you mean by flexible, but QFileDialog has following things, which
KFileDialog doesn't have
- Drag'n'Drop (copy/move)
- in-place renaming
- deleting of files

Also it has a mode where you can select multiple files and get a list of them
back, I don't know if KFileDialog has this.

--
Reggie