List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KTabListBox
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-08-30 15:28:34

Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> >Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:

> >> What's about the way I described? Or whas it really not understandable? :-) If
> >> so, I'll try it again...
> >>
> >The problem with doing anything view dependant is that the completion is
> >done by the framework and forwarded as highlight request to the views.
> >aren't writeonly. You also have to refer to specific items.
>
> I don't know if I understand it correctly, but your problem is, that if item X
> in the view Y should get highlighted, you also need to highlight the items with
> the same filename in the other views or what? Or about what are you speaking. If
> this is your problem, do it as in the QFileDialog:
>
> Each item has pointers to all its equivalent items of the other views. So you
> can easily access them.

That means you need to create all the possible views - long, short, mix dirs
etc. just to display anything at all. Seems a bit daft to me, or am I
misunderstanding?

BTW: If someone is changing this code, could you add a RMB properties menu
to the files? You can show the properties dialog using libkfm.

Rich.

--
     Richard Moore		rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk
http://www.robocast.com/	richard@robocast.com