Reginald Stadlbauer wrote: > > On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote: > >Reginald Stadlbauer wrote: > >> > >> On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Dirk A. Mueller wrote: > >> >Stephan Kulow wrote: > >> > > >> >> But QListView isn't the only view. How often do I have to repeat that? > >> > > >> >can't the other views also adopt the new sheme [didn't investigate > >> >yet]? > >> > >> What's about the way I described? Or whas it really not understandable? :-) If > >> so, I'll try it again... > >> > >The problem with doing anything view dependant is that the completion is > >done by the framework and forwarded as highlight request to the views. > >Views > >aren't writeonly. You also have to refer to specific items. > > I don't know if I understand it correctly, but your problem is, that if item X > in the view Y should get highlighted, you also need to highlight the items with > the same filename in the other views or what? Or about what are you speaking. If > this is your problem, do it as in the QFileDialog: > > Each item has pointers to all its equivalent items of the other views. So you > can easily access them. That means you need to create all the possible views - long, short, mix dirs etc. just to display anything at all. Seems a bit daft to me, or am I misunderstanding? BTW: If someone is changing this code, could you add a RMB properties menu to the files? You can show the properties dialog using libkfm. Rich. > > Or did I missunderstand something? > > -- > Reggie -- Richard Moore rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk http://www.robocast.com/ richard@robocast.com http://developer.kde.org/ rich@kde.org