List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KTabListBox
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () caldera ! de>
Date:       1999-08-30 14:36:22

Stefan Taferner wrote:

> > The problem with doing anything view dependant is that the completion is
> > done by the framework and forwarded as highlight request to the views.
> > Views aren't writeonly. You also have to refer to specific items. This makes
> > view dependant sorting _very_ difficult if you don't use the QList trick,
> > Roberto suggested.
>
> Then I don't understand why you dislike my idea of adding an integer
> index to a class KFileListItem, which inherits from QListViewItem.
>
> There is nothing magic about doing this and it is easy as it can be.

I don't see how this would change things. You still would have to go
though all listviewitems to get the right index, not? I don't see why
I should rewrite the whole framework just because QListView _could_
resort it (what it doesn't when I disable sorting)

Greetings, Stephan

--
Programmers, heed this: If someone starts asking you about
agricultural genomes, it's likely time to get a handler.