Stefan Taferner wrote: > > The problem with doing anything view dependant is that the completion is > > done by the framework and forwarded as highlight request to the views. > > Views aren't writeonly. You also have to refer to specific items. This makes > > view dependant sorting _very_ difficult if you don't use the QList trick, > > Roberto suggested. > > Then I don't understand why you dislike my idea of adding an integer > index to a class KFileListItem, which inherits from QListViewItem. > > There is nothing magic about doing this and it is easy as it can be. > I don't see how this would change things. You still would have to go though all listviewitems to get the right index, not? I don't see why I should rewrite the whole framework just because QListView _could_ resort it (what it doesn't when I disable sorting) Greetings, Stephan -- Programmers, heed this: If someone starts asking you about agricultural genomes, it's likely time to get a handler. zdnet.com about Torvalds