List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: translation of Qt
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () caldera ! de>
Date:       1999-08-29 9:59:27

Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:

> Don't ask me about licenses :-) But seriously, what's the problem?
I couldn't come up with a problem either. But I know, there is always
a problem... ;-)

> >And I know what the Scope and the Key is, but how to translate
> >"Scope/Key" to german. And I bet, that "pure" translators would
> >have a real problem if they're asked to translate it. So I better
> >removed qdeveloper.cpp messages.
>
> I don't see a problem with scopes. Just translate
>
> QFileDIalog::Some Message
> QFileDIalog::Eine Nachricht
>
> :-) but ok, if this is not compatible with the rest of the KDE messages, I
> understand that this is a problem.

And the print dialog would look rather strange with all these
QPrintDialog::
in it :)

Greetings, Stephan

--
Programmers, heed this: If someone starts asking you about
agricultural genomes, it's likely time to get a handler.