List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Bug in our color scheme usage?
From:       Stefan Taferner <taferner () salzburg ! co ! at>
Date:       1999-08-25 7:16:55

Hi all,

Maybe I am on the wrong path, but I cannot get rid of the feeling that something
with our color schemes is broken (using Qt-1.44 and Kde 1.1.2pre if this makes a
difference).

I played around with a scheme that has light 'Text', dark 'Background',
dark 'Window text' and light 'Window background'.

What one would expect is that Text/Background are used for all the
(static) areas that are not widgets (buttons, labels, menus, etc), and
Window text / Window background is used for all edit widgets, listboxes,
etc.

What happens?

The edit and list widgets get the background from 'Window background',
and the text from 'Text' color. The colors of the static areas is set properly,
however.

I don't think that this is a feature (?)

--Stefan