List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: icon with filename
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () caldera ! de>
Date:       1999-08-14 10:30:46

"Dirk A. Mueller" wrote:

> Arjan Buursink <buursink@casema.net> wrote:
>
> > How do I get an icon (QPixmap) belonging to a filename (eg. QString)?
>
> if the filename is an absolute pathname, use ICON()
Why would you want ICON for an absolute pathname? ICON is to
use as ICON("fileopen") - this is not too absolute :)

BTW: Many contacted me and told me that ICON doesn't load icons,
but only toolbar icons. That's right, so shouldn't we rename it to
Toolbar()? ICON is very misleading! And I would make it a function
while beeing at it. ICON is defined in kiconloader.h, but requires
kglobal.h to work, which is bad.

Greetings, Stephan

--
Better give your hours some more life than
your life some more hours. - anonymous