List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: konsole
From:       Antonio Larrosa <antlarr () arrakis ! es>
Date:       1999-08-06 0:58:35

Cristian Tibirna wrote:

> Hi Antonio

Hi,

> I understood you're working in improving konsole's transparent
> background feature.

Yes,

> I would like to know to what extent are you doing this. Are you intending
> to touch TEWidget::paintEvent() TEWidget::setImage()
> TEWidget::drawAttrStr() methods?

Nope, unless you tell me a good reason to paint directly the background
instead of using setBackgroundPixmap.

> I ask because I was at hunting after the ugly repaint bug that konsole
> shows when using textured backgrounds: text is garbled by windows moving
> around the respective konsole.

Aaargh, you're right, there's a problem there, I didn't noticed it,

> I have already traced the error to an erase(rect) call in drawAttrStr()
> when the background is textured. This erase deletes a rectangle which is
> bigger than what will be drawn later in the routine it seems.
>
> Anyways, I intend to look into this (there is a lot of logics to
> understand as I never looked at konsole's code before) but I'd hate to
> clash with your changes. So, let me know

Well, I won't touch that, but, if you need to change something,
just do it, I'll fix the diffs later.

> Good conference

thanks, keep in mind that there weren't pictures of themes because I
showed them later "in realtime".

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez