List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    QGroupBox usage/comment
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       1999-08-05 8:09:18

Here is a comment about QGroupBox.

1. I replaced code some places and it works great. Much simpler to read
and maintain.

2. I am missing one thing. In some dialog boxes I have a frame
just above the action buttons. Now, it I resize the dialog box, I don't
want the contents of the frame to center vertically. It is OK that
it centers horizontally, but I think it feels/looks wrong if there is
vertical centering as well. Two images below (~3 k each)

http://home.sol.no/~espensa/goto1.gif (default min. size)
http://home.sol.no/~espensa/goto2.gif (resized as I want it)

The latter bahaviour is easy to get working with QGroupBox provided that
one do one small change in QGroupBox source code.

In QGroupBox::setColumnLayout()
----------------------------
after vbox->addLayout( grid );
I added vbox->addStretch ( 10 )

Of course one can not do this in real life, but one can:

1) make vbox protected so that it is possible do this in another class,
or
2) add a new stretch parameter to setColumnLayout()
or
3) add a new method that sets this value directly.

I think this would enhance the usefulness of QGroupBox

--
Espen Sand