List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KURLLabel segfaults with Qt-2.0.1
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       1999-08-03 5:07:42

Hi Kurt

While helping Lotzi Boloni to test gofai (the neat new app in kdenonbeta)
we discovered that KURLLabel segfaults with Qt-2.0.1.

This happens in kurllabel.cpp around line 159. It seems to me the font()
call never returns a good font value. Thus, either the setUnderline or
setFont below are entering into some sort of long loop then segfault.

We weren't able to test this more, because I don't have qt/kde compiled
with debug symbols these days.

Anyways, Lotzi ran KURLLabel with Qt-2.0 and all is ok. So, it's probably
a Qt-2.0.1 problem.

Of course, this segfaults the kaboutdialog too, and potentially each and
every KDE app :-(

Thanks for listening

Cristian