List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kded
From:       Daniel Naber <dnaber () mini ! gt ! owl ! de>
Date:       1999-07-20 16:22:30

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Simon Hausmann wrote:

> And: We would not loose any functionality, except that kded's services
> can't be used via CORBA anymore, but the c++ interface are much better

What does that mean to the use of CORBA-services that are not running
local? Sounds like that gets impossible/difficult?

The last time I asked about this (http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=93112687011888&w=2)
there wasn´t much response, unfortunately. Still I think that using
remote services as if they were local services is the main reason to
use CORBA.

Regards
 Daniel

--
PGP Key fingerprint = 3D 98 9E D2 00 B6 E0 9D  7E B9 77 23 17 E2 11 6A