List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice depends on Qt2.1 snapshots now?!
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-07-20 13:22:15

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Matthias Elter wrote:
> Hi
>
> Seems to me that KOffice depends on Qt 2.1 snapshots since a commit from Torben
> at 07/15.
>
> The compilation (with Qt2.0) breaks at:
> qdom.cc: In method `class QDOM::Element QDOM::Document::createElement(const class \
> QString &, const class QPen &)': qdom.cc:3386: no matching function for call to \
> `QColor::name () const'
> Torben, does kofficecore really _need_ to depend on 2.1(then we perhaps
> all should switch to 2.1 snapshots), or can it be fixed to compile with
> 2.0? :-)

We will remove this one dependency to Qt 2.1, so that it works with 2.0 or 2.01
again. I mean we have a lot todo until the DOMifying is finished and it will
compile and work again, so if you want to have a working KOffice don't update
at the moment. But we are working on it and this quite big change brings
really lots of advantages as it makes the loading/saving so much easier and
needs much less code :-))

BTW: Because of switching to 2.1: As Qt 2.1 will be out before KDE 2.0 for sure,
I'm quite sure we will use Qt 2.1 for the final KDE 2.0 realease - but we
should not switch before the stable Qt 2.1 release gets out to avoid the
problems we had with the 2.0 snapshots. Although there shouldn't be a problem
using KDE with 2.1 right now.

--
Reggie