List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Gradients
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       1999-07-15 14:38:23

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:

> Hi!
> I just looked into KPixmap and kppixmapeffects and noticed one thing now.
> KPPixmap can do now horizontal, vertical and two diagonal gradients, and for
> more advanced ones you use the static methodes of kpixmapeffects. Why is this
> split. IMO teither KPixmap should do all gradients/effects _or_ KPixmapEffects
> should do all gradients/effects. I'd prefer the second one. Or is there a
> special reason in splitting this?

We already decided and will also prefer the second soon. The real problem
is that we also have to fix the apps using gradients right now. Both
Mosfet and I don't have the time for this right now.

But I just got an idea. What if I *copy* all the gradient code in
KPixmapEffect so that you can use them in KPresenter right away? :-)
Then we will clean KPixmap when we get time for those apps.

I'll also rename the static method from ::advancedGradients() to
::gradient().

What do you think?

Cristian