List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Diagonal gradient support now in KPixmap
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-07-13 1:17:34

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999, Mosfet wrote:
>> Yes :-) BTW: Where is this code for the gradients now? Is it in KPixmap. If it
>> would support radial and rectengular gradients too, I could use it in
>> KPresenter instead of my (rather bad and slow) gradient code.
>
>It is in KPixmap and all it supports currently is Horizontal, Vertical, and
>Diagonal gradients. I have been looking at adding new modes and did not know
>KPresenter had gradient code... Can you point me to the file it's in (I don't
>have KOffice compiled)

Its in kpresenter/kpgradient.[cc|h]. But don't laugh when you see the code - I'm
not good in programming this type graphics stuff.

>and maybe we can both look at speeding it up and maybe
>moving it to KPixmap also? I think gradients are useful to many apps like
>window managers, root window graphics applications, paint programs, etc.. It
>would also be neat to have modes like "Sunburst" :)

Yes, exactly. I'd really like ot have more colorful effects in KPresenter, not
just gradients, but also such nice things M$ PowerPoint has :-) And if we have
people here who are good in doing these, and I can just use it, I'd be more
than happy using that! I think such code fits very well in a library.

[Speed and so on]

Sounds great, hopefully I can use it soon in KPresenter :-)

--
Reggie